- Hundred Zeros | Free Kindle Books “Hundred Zeros is a collection of best selling eBooks that are currently free on Amazon. You can download and read any of these books on your computer, mobile phone, tablet, Kindle or inside your favorite web browser. The list is updated every hour.”
- DOMO :: Blog :: How Much Data is Created Every Minute? Data never sleeps. Every minute massive amounts of it are being generated from every phone, website and application across the Internet. Just how much data is being created and where does it come from? For that you should check out this Domo infographic
- 5 Things You Must Do Before Applying for a Librarian Position | The Library Musings of Jaime Huaman – Applicants must find a way to stand out from the crowd and show that they are the best person for the position. Competing with people with more experience is a difficult thing to do, however, if you follow the 5 golden rules than you will be able to stand out in the crowd.
- Facts & Questions on Blogging, Curating & Collecting What is the difference between blogging and curation if they are both about finding and sharing great content? According to Deanna Dahlsad at Kitsch-Slapped, is the focus. While bloggers often cover anything that interests them as the are online where as curators are characterized by a strong focus on a specific topic.
- Google Search Operators – Google Guide Nancy Blachman and Jerry Peek have put together a very useful guide to Google Search Operators. You can find this information on Google’s own help pages (http://support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=136861 ), but there is more information in this guide that can be quite useful including the syntax, the capabilities, and an example for each operator.
- A Parent’s Guide to Gaming: Defintions of Popular Gaming Terms – ABC News An article about a gaming dictionary published by ABC News (US) for parents. Designed for a non-gamer who struggles to understand what young people are talking about (and the consequences of it).
- Census Data available under CC BY | Creative Commons Australia The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has released the 2011 Census data under a CC BY licence.They have also made available data analysis tools such as QuickStats which lets users view a quick summary about certain areas.
- Neil Gaiman Gives Graduates 10 Essential Tips for Working in the Arts | Open Culture A video of a presentation ny Neil Gaiman who spoke at The University of the Arts in Philadelphia and told the graduating class all the things he wish he knew at their age. Links to video of the talk runs 19 minutes.
- Facebook Apps for eLearning | TOPYX Social LMS “eLearning solution that incorporates Facebook and other social networking resources right into the learning platform to enhance the learner’s experience (social LMS).”
- 23 Gorgeous Gaming Wallpapers for Your Desktop Hand-picked pieces of desktop art.
- Academic publishing: The essential checklist for ebook authors | Higher Education Network | Guardian Professional Ebooks can make an important contribution to knowledge but quality remains an issue for the academic community. Sophie Tergeist lists five ways to ensure your ebook is up to scratch
- How to Teach Internet Safety in K-6 « Ask a Tech Teacher
- 20+ Tips and Resources to Help Learners with Their Presentation Skills | ESL Library Blog Tips and tools from a well-know and credentialed presenter in ELT. They offer advice for anyone who has to present – students and teachers.
- New Digital Bill of Rights – Stephen’s Lighthouse The two congressional representatives have unveiled a draft bill of rights for the Internet. Reps Darryl Issa and Ron Wyden unveiled their proposal at Personal Democracy Forum, and invite the Internet to edit and refine the list on Keep the Web Open.
- Reference: Digest of Education Statistics 2011 Now Available | LJ INFOdocket The primary purpose of the Digest of Education Statistics is to provide a compilation of statistical information covering the broad field of American education from prekindergarten through graduate school. The Digest includes a selection of data from many sources, both government and private, and draws especially on the results of surveys and activities carried out by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
- CISSL Study | Resources and Information from NJASL Offers an overview of services that are provided by school libraries in New Jersey and the importance of strong school library programs.
- School Libraries Deliver: research, school libraries, student learning, teacher-librarians, washington state, wlma | Glogster EDU – 21st century multimedia tool for educators, teachers and students A WLMA glog that compiles current research on libraries and student achievement.
Filed under: Uncategorized |